One of today’s biggest challenges on the business side of cybersecurity is to qualify for and maintain cyber insurance. The cyber insurance market has been going through tumultuous times during the past two years, driven in part by the COVID-19 pandemic and the sharp increase in ransomware attacks.
Overall, the insurance industry itself has experienced higher-than-expected claims due to ransomware and other malware attacks. This is due, in part, because cyber criminals are targeting work-from-home employees with ransomware attacks because their security defenses generally are easier to breach through email-borne attacks as they are not behind the corporate network defenses.
As a result of the massive insurance payouts due to ransomware and a reduction of the overall amount of insurance now offered by the insurers, cyber insurance carriers and brokers are clamping down on the risk level they will insure, along with tightening terms, reducing coverage, and increasing policy prices.
Do you know your cyber insurance risk profile? Ask yourself these questions: What is your cyber insurance risk profile? Do you know how cyber insurers determine who gets insurance and who does not? What can you do to make it easier to secure the coverage you need?
If you are interested in learning more, join this important webcast: Optimizing Your Cyber Insurance Position, scheduled for Wednesday, March 16, 2022, from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. EDT/15:00 to 17:00 GMT. You can register to reserve your place at the virtual table here.
Joining Sophos to discuss how midsize and larger companies can meet today’s requirements are cyber insurance experts who will explain the lay of the land today in the industry and how companies can prepare themselves for negotiating new and renewal cyber insurance policies.
The agenda of sessions for the event and the speakers include:
- The Cyber Insurance Market and How Risk is Modeled: Daniel Kasper, cyber risk research and economist at Cyber Economics
- An Insurer’s View on The Three Cs – Coverage, Capacity & Claims: Natalie Graham, head of claims at Mosaic Insurance; James Tuplin, head of international at Mosaic Insurance
- How to Best Prepare for Your Cyber Insurance Renewal: Marc Schein, National Co-Chair Cyber Center of Excellence and a risk management consultant at Marsh McLennan Agency
- How Sophos Can Help Lower Risk and Secure Coverage: Nicholas Cramer, senior director of global cyber risk partnerships at Sophos.
- A live panel discussion with all the expert guest speakers will follow the presentations
This webcast would be ideal for a CISO, CIO, IT director, general counsel, chief risk officer, chief compliance officer, cybersecurity professional, or a member of the board of directors.