For the 11th time in the last 11 reports, Sophos has been named a Leader in the 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms.
What makes Sophos a Leader?
We believe our placement is driven by our strong endpoint protection, real-world endpoint detection and response (EDR) usability, as well as our unifying platform, Sophos Central. We believe Gartner recognized Sophos for our proven record at stopping ransomware, the deep learning technology that blocks never-seen-before malware, and our anti-exploit technology.
We believe being positioned as a leader in the Magic Quadrant for EPP 11 times in a row is a fantastic achievement for Sophos. As the endpoint protection marketplace changes, we continue to evolve as well, driven by our increased brand awareness in enterprise organizations and 3rd party test results. Additionally, as EDR has become more tightly integrated with endpoint protection, Sophos is leading the way with an EDR offering that adds expertise, without adding headcount.
We believe we will retain this positioning going forward thanks to our continued excellence in endpoint protection, industry leadership in artificial intelligence, massive growth and ongoing enhancements for our EDR offering, and our upcoming managed detection and response (MDR) launch.
Intercept X Third Party Test Results
- AAA Rated for Enterprise – 100% total accuracy rating (Jan-Mar 2019)
- AAA Rated for SMB – 100% total accuracy rating (Jan-Mar 2019)
- Ranked #1 for Security Effectiveness
- Ranked #1 for Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Ranked #1 for Malware Protection (99.9% detection, 0 false alarms)
- Ranked #1 for Malware Protection
- Ranked #1 for Exploit Protection
- Editor’s Choice
- AV-Test endpoint “Top Product”: 6/6 Protection, 6/6 Usability, 5.5/6 Performance
- AV-Test (Mac): Perfect Score 6/6 Protection, 6/6 Usability, 6/6 Performance
- AV-Test (Android): Perfect Score
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms, August 2019, Peter Firstbrook, Dionisio Zumerle, Prateek Bhajanka, Lawrence Pingree, Paul Webber.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.