We’ve created a comprehensive library of “How To” videos to help you get the most out of your XG Firewall, including a series of Getting Started and Networking videos.
Today, I’d like to share a short Networking video that covers the basics of setting up wireless networking on a W model XG Series appliance with integrated wireless access point.
You can see the status of your wireless access points in the Network Security Control Center. If you have an appliance with built-in wireless, the access point will be configured with default settings after the initial setup.
In this video, we’ll show you how to:
- Change the default SSID and passphrase
- Choose the encryption type and whether you want wireless devices to see each other
- Add other wireless networks, for example guest access
- Change the broadcast band and channel
- Configure a DHCP server so wireless devices get an IP address after connecting to the access point
- Set the zone of your access point interface
You can watch the entire Networking video series on the Sophos Products YouTube channel. And you can check out all the posts in this XG Firewall “How To” series on the Sophos Blog.
You can also find help and product updates at our XG Firewall Community Forum.
XG Firewall – Learn more
Read these other blog posts to learn about the many innovations in Sophos XG Firewall:
- Sophos XG Firewall: A network security ecosystem with many innovations
- Sophos XG Firewall – Simpler, faster, and more-in-one
- Sophos XG Firewall innovations – Policy management
- Sophos XG Firewall innovations – FastPath packet optimization
- Sophos XG Firewall innovations – User interface
- Sophos Firewall Manager and iView – Centralized management and reporting for all your XG Firewalls
- FAQs for Sophos UTM customers about the new XG Firewall