Today, I’d like to share a short Networking video that walks you through the basics of interfaces, zones and network policies.
Zones are an intuitive and convenient model for configuring and managing enforcement on your firewall. Default zones include LAN, WAN, DMZ, VPN and Wi-Fi.
By default, the firewall denies all traffic between zones until explicit policies are applied to allow desired traffic.
In this video, we’ll show you how to:
- Create a new LAN or DMZ zone
- Add firewall rules for traffic crossing zones
- Add firewall rules for specific zones such as a contractor zone
- Assign interfaces (ports) to different zones
- Create bridge interfaces and network rules
You can also find help and product updates at our XG Firewall Community Forum.
XG Firewall – Learn more
Read these other blog posts to learn about the many innovations in Sophos XG Firewall:
- Sophos XG Firewall: A network security ecosystem with many innovations
- Sophos XG Firewall – Simpler, faster, and more-in-one
- Sophos XG Firewall innovations – Policy management
- Sophos XG Firewall innovations – FastPath packet optimization
- Sophos XG Firewall innovations – User interface
- Sophos Firewall Manager and iView – Centralized management and reporting for all your XG Firewalls
- FAQs for Sophos UTM customers about the new XG Firewall