Project Copernicus is the codename for our new firewall platform that combines the award-winning SG Series appliance with an all-new operating system based on the best of Sophos and Cyberoam technology.
The feedback during the early stages of the beta has been very positive and helpful in shaping the final product. We’re pleased to announce the availability of Beta 2, which incorporates a number of significant enhancements, updates and fixes based on your feedback.
Improved navigation and menu organization
- New top level Protection menu, grouping the most common security setup tasks functionally together
- Improved layout of System menu and Object Catalog menu
- Navigation breadcrumb improvements
Streamlined security policies
- Consolidated User and Network rule types
- Added templates for common business applications
- Rule ID visibility and search improvements
Hundreds of other fixes and improvements
While we don’t recommend installing beta firmware in your production environment, your participation is important! Please download and evaluate the new Beta 2 in as many deployment scenarios as possible.
You will see the Beta 2 firmware in your Copernicus Firewall under System > Maintenance > Firmware (you may need to click “Check for new Firmware” and reload the page for it to show up).
If you’re not already part of the Sophos firewall revolution, you can join up and download the Beta 2 now at www.sophos.com/copernicusbeta.
Please provide feedback on the Sophos User Bulletin Boards.
Thanks for your ongoing participation and support!