We are pleased to announce that a new Up2Date package is available for Sophos ASG.
This update includes the fix for the OpenSSL SSL/TLS vulnerability (CVE-2014-0224).
Please read on to see the full details of this release.
Sophos ASG 8.312
- Security Update
- System will be rebooted
- 31846 Upgrade to UTM9 not possible on ASG 220B (rev3)
- 31940 OpenSSL SSL/TLS MITM vulnerability (CVE-2014-0224)
While you do not need to manually download Up2Date packages (they will automatically download and prepare themselves for you to install), for manual application of Up2Dates or for ASG installations without Internet connections, you can retrieve them using the link below.
Download Link: ftp://ftp.astaro.de/ASG/v8/up2date/u2d-sys-8.312.tgz.gpg
MD5 Sum: 5cf6e90f9e1157779888225610863d77
Sophos Up2Date technology makes it easy to update your Astaro Security Gateway. There are two ways to apply an already-downloaded Up2Date package to the system:
1. Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on the “Watch Up2Date Progress in new window” and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation. (The System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished.)
2. Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced:
|Sophos UTM Up2Date FTP Mirrors:|
- If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the ASG or UTM features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board. Please indicate the version you are using (e.g. “[8.310] Configuring Skype Blocking”).
- If you have any feedback on our help, manual, or any documentation (Online Help) please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Product Manager