Encryption is a hot topic in the news these days, with ongoing revelations of spying by the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA). Organizations including Facebook, Microsoft, Yahoo and Google have pledged to encrypt users’ data in transit to prevent the NSA — or anyone else — from reading your emails or chats.
Unfortunately, these companies don’t provide complete end-to-end encryption, and there are many loopholes the NSA, or cybercriminals, can slip through.
That’s why an encryption solution that protects data everywhere — in emails, on disk, or in the cloud — is essential. In this short video (embedded below), we explain how you can get security and performance; plus how you can manage native encryption on Macs and Windows PCs, while also protecting data everywhere it resides.
James Lyne, global head of security research at Sophos, explains that many companies aren’t using encryption for fear of slowing users down. With Sophos, you don’t have to worry about encryption impacting performance, James says.
The new SafeGuard Enterprise solves the major challenge of managing encryption across multiple platforms, devices, and cloud environments. Users and IT staff can easily share data safely between Windows, Mac and mobile devices – securing data wherever it lives and wherever it is sent.
For more information about how to manage native encryption on Windows PCs with SafeGuard Enterprise, you can download our free whitepaper — Managing BitLocker With SafeGuard Enterprise (registration required).
Watch the video
What’s New in SafeGuard Enterprise 6.1
- With SafeGuard Enterprise you can manage Microsoft BitLocker for Windows or Apple FileVault 2 for Mac from a single console.
- Now with support for Windows 8, and file and disk encryption on Macs, SafeGuard covers more operating systems and platforms.
- Simplified keyring creation grants you seamless, centralized management. With this newest release, you can save time with our key ring creation that requires no repeat login.
- Centrally manage full-disk encryption and file encryption, wherever data is stored: removable media, network file shares and even in the cloud.
- Get up-to-date security status for all your devices with reporting and auditing that lets you monitor and enforce compliance with internal policies and external regulations.