A new Up2Date is available for Sophos UTM. Release 9.105 fixes three bugs and applies a security fix to WebAdmin which we recommend to apply with priority.
Sophos UTM 9.105
In some cases, due to bug 27580 mentioned below, UTM WebAdmin may not show an available up2date package. If the value for the “Latest Check” date for the version information on the WebAdmin Dashboard seems unusually high you may need to reboot the UTM as a workaround. This will restart the Up2Date service and correctly check for available updates.
- Security Fix
- Fix vulnerability in WebAdmin
- System will be rebooted
- 27295 Two processes of repctld run on slave after switching preferred master, and therefore it is still shown as syncing
- 27580 audld.plx gets stuck and UTM is not able to download patterns anymore
- 27785 Download of SSL VPN packages for Users via Webadmin does not work
While you do not need to manually download Up2Date packages (they will automatically download and prepare themselves for you to install), for manual application of Up2Dates or for UTM installations without Internet connections, you can retrieve them using the link below.
Download Link*: ftp://ftp.astaro.de/UTM/v9/up2date/u2d-sys-9.104017-105009.tgz.gpg
MD5 Sum: 8d8bdfb797c56a63f5593b87cdcfa309
*Note that the Up2date package file names now include the source version TO the target version (above is 9.104-17 to 9.105-9).
Up2Date Installation: Sophos Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your Sophos UTM to the latest version. There are two ways to apply an already-downloaded Up2Date package to the system:
1. Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on the “Watch Up2Date Progress in new window” and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation. (The System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished.)
2. Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced:
|Sophos UTM Up2Date FTP Mirrors:|
- If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the UTM V9 features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board. Please indicate the version you are using to help us (and everyone helping you). e.g. “[9.105] Enabling RED up/down notifications”.
- If you have any feedback on our help, manual, or any documentation (Online Help) please send it to email@example.com.
- You are free to use our new demo server environment without hassle, nags, or registration. Enjoy!
Senior Product Manager