Today we have released ASG 8.201 and 8.200 to our installations via the Astaro Up2Date system. 8.201 solidifies the 8.2 release and should be applied along with 8.200. We took the opportunity to further increase the Web Filtering throughput, address a few bugs, and polish the 8.200 release. You will find both these packages are ready to install at this time. Read on for further details about 8.201. Enjoy ASG 8.2!
We still plan to release a feature which allows you to re-inject a past Web Security log for report regeneration in a future 8.20x Up2Dates. More information will be communicated on this as it is known. Note that when you are updating from 8.103, you can push the "Update to latest version" which will apply both 8.200 and 8.201 in order, and then reboot only once.
Astaro 8.201 Download Information:
- System will be rebooted
- Configuration will be upgraded
- Connected Wifi APs will perform firmware upgrade
- DHCP lease files will be deleted
- DHCP clients will reappear in list on their next lease refresh
- Fixed: Various problems with SSL VPN
- Fixed: Issue with PDF Executive Report
- Fixed: Application Control Reporting
- Added: Support for ACC Version 3 Backup Rollout feature
-  AntiVirus scan fails with cssd response: 500 Internal Server Error
-  No Wireless-Communication between AP30 and Clients using "AVM Fritz USB WLAN-Stick N"
Below is the link for a manual download of the Up2Date package from 8.200 to 8.201. Corresponding 8.201 ISO images will be released next week and this post will be updated at that time.
Astaro Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your Astaro Security Gateway to the latest version. There are two ways to apply an already-downloaded Up2Date package to the system:
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on the "Watch Up2Date Progress in new window" and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation. (The System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished.)
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced:
|Astaro Security Gateway Up2Date FTP Mirrors:|
- If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the ASG V8 features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board. Please indicate the version you are using (e.g. "[8.201] Application Control Question").
- If you have any feedback on our help, manual, or any documentation (Online Help) please send it to email@example.com.
- There is also a demo server for public use: http://demo.astaro.com
ASG Product Manager