This is this first Up2Date for ASG V7 BETA. Its a very huge one, because we touched nearly all components for improvements, bug fixes and missing features. Please check out the Up2Date details:
First of all: thx for your feedback, suggestions, comments, feature requests, bug reports! We got tremendous feedback and we appreciate everyone’s!
- there is only an online Firmware Up2Date (please apply via WebAdmin Management >> Up2Date)
- the configuration will not be changed
- all IP and VPN connections will be restartet
- the temporary email storage will be deleted
- Firmware Up2Date 6.819 is over 90MB big, please be patient with the download
- your ASG V7 will not reboot
Please remember: its still an BETA version of ASG V7. ASG V7 BETA will not be supported via Astaro’s support teams therefore you should not use it within productive environments!
This is a brief overview about the components we updated:
- GUI : WebAdmin
- Proxies : FTP, HTTP, POP3, SMTP
- Open Source: ctsync, named, dhcp client
- Basesystem : Middleware, Confdaemon, Selfmonitor, Tools
- Up2Date : Downloader, Installer, Config
- HA/Cluster : Init, sync, system
- Log/Report : Notifier, Logfiles
- This includes several hundred improvements, bug fixes, changes, adds.
Also we included the following top level items
- Recognition rate for IM/P2P traffic
- POP3 prefetch configuration and management
HTTP content removal and working on the following features, which also will be included within the final ASG V7 version:
- Initial Setup Wizard
- Overall Reporting / Executive Report redesign/ Status Displaying
- LDAP browsing for eDirectory Browser
- Performance optimization depending on RAM/CPU/Disk
- QoS/Packetfilter beautification
- Full ACC support
- NTLM Singel Sign On
ASG V7 BETA is now able to handle licenses: please save the following V7 BETA test license in a file and upload it into WebAdmin: Management >> Licensing >> Installation
—–BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE—– Hash: SHA1 [LicenseInfo] Owner = V7 Beta, Astaro Corporation (Root) Id = 104579 LicenseString = 0226a-0628o-01256-7cdej-noopp-qzsz4-z3115-16481-11212-21000-75692 [LicenseOptions] Type = Evaluation UserLimit = 9999 ConcurrentConnections = 999999 RegistrationDate = 11/03/2006 ExpirationDate = 12/31/2006 HighAvailability = ON SymmetricMultiProcessing = ON IntrusionProtection = ON AVEngine = Astaro [SecureEmail] Start = 11/02/2006 Stop = 12/31/2006 [SecureWeb] Start = 11/02/2006 Stop = 12/31/2006 [MaintenanceSilver] Start = 11/02/2006 Stop = 12/31/2006 [EmailEncryption] Start = 11/02/2006 Stop = 12/31/2006 —–BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE—– Version: GnuPG v1.2.6 (GNU/Linux) iD8DBQFFS13g+ts+PoSKFF0RAtHCAJ9l9NRJBKR640lACOxT8HE2gDqX0QCfSI9q RsbWOtmciMJkNG+ffsHK1sI= =U36I —–END PGP SIGNATURE—–
(it looks like I’m not able to change the default formatting of the blog… the line LicenseString = 0226a-062… must be in one line!)
ISO image asl-6.800-060630-1.iso
size: 370 MB (370,403,328 Byte)
FTP server: – Germany – US – US 2 – Austria Mirror – Japanese Mirror
HTTP server: – Germany – US – US 2 – Austria Mirror – Japanese Mirror
(If you are not familiar with BitTorrent, please check out this detailed description: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bittorrent). Search for "how to burn" on our Knowledge Base if you have trouble to burn a CD from the ISO image.
If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the ASG V7 BETA features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board in the "BETA Version" forum. Please take care to add always(!) the version you refer to (e.g. "[6.819] problem with POP3 proxy in pre-fetch mode"). Alternatively if you want to provide feedback, problem reports and comments directly to the Astaro R&D team you can also send it to V7Beta@astaro.com. If you have feedback to our documentation (Online Help) please send it to email@example.com. We greatly appreciate your input, comments and suggestions – especially for this Up2Date!
There is also a demo server to check the new GUI: https://v7demo.astaro.com
Thx in advance for your tests!
Your Astaro R&D team