It’s official: the highly anticipated public beta for the Sophos XG Firewall v16 is now underway, and we’d love for you to get involved. The product team has been working furiously for the last several months making this one of the most ambitious and exciting product releases ever. It’s loaded with tons of new features and enhancements that we think you’re going to love.
XG Firewall v16 brings over 120 new features and a long list of optimizations and enhancements. The key focus areas for this release:
- Improving the user experience to make it faster and simpler to manage.
- Adding features to provide parity with SG UTM.
- Adding more innovative Synchronized Security features.
The highlights include:
- All new navigation, enhanced control center and improved UI across many areas
- Redesigned Secure Web Gateway style web policy model with inheritance
- Full Email MTA with store and forward capabilities
- Two-factor authentication (one-time-password) support
- New Security Heartbeat and Synchronized Security features
- Microsoft Azure Support
…And so much more!
See what’s new in v16 for complete details on the enhancements and new features.
We want you!
We highly encourage you to participate in testing this beta and help make this release the best it can be.
Please head on over to our Beta Community Forums to get the latest beta firmware, meet your fellow beta testers and Sophos staff, and share any issues or feedback you have.
We’re hosting a Beta Kickoff Webcast on Thursday, 11 August at 11AM Eastern where we’ll provide an overview of what’s new, tour the new features, review the known issues list, and discuss where to focus your time and attention.
We look forward to seeing you on the webcast and in the forums.
XG on Azure
If you’d like to preview XG on Microsoft Azure, send us a request with your Azure subscription ID to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll whitelist your account for preview access and provide instructions on how to launch XG from the Azure Marketplace.
Learn More about XG Firewall
Learn more about Security Heartbeat and see Sophos XG Firewall in action at sophos.com/xgfirewall. And if you want to get hands on, try it out with our free home edition or sign up for a 30-day trial in your business.