A new Up2Date package for Sophos UTM is available as of today.
This update will disable SSLv3 support for many services to eliminate the risks from CVE-2014-3566 (POODLE).
Furthermore, we have introduced some additional fixes and improved the Up2Date client in anticipation of the ucoming 9.3 release.
Sophos UTM 9.209 – Details
- Security Release
- Disable SSLv3 support in many services to remove vulnerability to SSLv3 protocol vulnerability (“POODLE”, CVE-2014-3566)
- Improve Up2Date client support for staged rollout of 9.3.
- Updating to 9.209 will be required to be able to download the 9.2 to 9.3 Up2Date.
- System will be rebooted
- 32930 Kernel Panic in 9.206 RIP nf_nat_setup_info+0x209/0x652 [nf_nat]
- 33159 Timezone update needed for Russia [v9]
Sophos Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your Sophos UTM to the latest version.
There are two ways to apply an already-downloaded Up2Date package to the system:
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on the “Watch Up2Date Progress in new window” and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation. (The System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished.)
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced:
|Sophos UTM Up2Date FTP Mirrors:|
- If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the UTM V9 features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board. Please indicate the version you are using to help us (and everyone helping you).
- If you have any feedback on our help, manual, or any documentation (Online Help) please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are free to use our new demo server environment without hassle, nags, or registration. Enjoy!
Senior Product Manager