Following last weeks release of 8.304, we have now released 8.305 which solves a small technical glitch in applying the fix fully on some installations. ISO’s have already been updated, and to be sure the essential patches issud in 8.304 are completely applied for everyone, we’ll err on the side of caution by publishing the fix for this as 8.305. We also address a possible cross-site scripting flaw with our backup page in WebAdmin that was reported by a 3rd party. The details can be found inside after the break.
Astaro Security Gateway Up2Date 8.305 Information
- Re-Release of 8.304 Up2date due to a missing fix
- Fix XSS Issue when displaying backups (discovered by Inshell.net)
• System will be rebooted
• no Bugfixes in this release
Astaro Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your Astaro Security Gateway to the latest version. There are two ways to apply an already-downloaded Up2Date package to the system:
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on the "Watch Up2Date Progress in new window" and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation. (The System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished.)
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced:
|Astaro Security Gateway Up2Date FTP Mirrors:|
- If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the ASG V8 features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board. Please indicate the version you are using (e.g. "[8.305] Using Multiple WAN Links").
- If you have any feedback on our help, manual, or any documentation (Online Help) please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is also a demo server for public use: http://demo.astaro.com