Today we have released ASG 8.202 to increase performance in many areas, especially for the Web Filtering engine. This release addresses the majority of the issues reported by users of 8.200/8.201, and greatly enhances the stability of your Astaro Security Gateway V8.2 installation.
We still plan to release a feature which allows you to re-inject a past Web Security log for report regeneration in a future 8.20x Up2Date. More information will be communicated on this as it is known. Note that when you are updating from 8.103, you can push the "Update to latest version" button, which will apply Up2Dates 8.200, 8.201, and 8.202 in order, and then reboot only one time.
Astaro 8.202 Download Information:
- System will be rebooted
- Configuration will be upgraded
- Connected Wifi APs will perform firmware upgrade
- If you are affected by issue 18872, power-cycle your Wireless AP’s so they reconnect
- Greatly Improved Web Filter performance
- Removed DigiNotar HTTPS Verification CA
-  ctype: application/flash-video not contained per default in cc>http>noscancontent
-  "MIME blocking inspects HTTP body" is broken
-  Web Application Firewall mixes backend websites
- [18653 If the HTTPs-Proxy is enabled, login to some websites may result in "Internal server error"
-  Exception for extensions will not be logged. There will be always a empty string in the log: exceptions=""
-  Policy routing in combination with Application Control may cause problems
-  If virus scanning of a website failed, no error message is shown in the browser
-  Passwords with special characters (@, =) cause authentication to fail when using ‘Transparent w/ Auth’ mode
-  Executive reports will not be generated in some installations
-  HTTP Proxy doesn’t reauthenticate AD SSO client after auth exception matched
-  WiFi: astaro wireless daemon client sends incomplete client list to ASG, entering "inactive" state
-  Edir SSO authentication still times out in http proxy after 8.201
-  Wifi: Access Point with a MAC address ending in :f8 cannot connect to the ASG
-  Transparent Proxy with Auth not working properly
-  HTTP Proxy: SSL tunnel handler doesn’t close client connection in all cases
-  Up/down script running on 100%
-  AntiVirus scan fails with cssd response: 500 Internal Server Error
-  No Wireless-Communication between AP30 and Clients when using "AVM Fritz USB WLAN-Stick N"
Below is the link for a manual download of the Up2Date package from 8.201 to 8.202.
Corresponding 8.202 ISO images and Virtual Machines will be released ASAP and this post will be updated at that time.
ASG 8.202 Up2Date Package
Astaro Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your Astaro Security Gateway to the latest version. There are two ways to apply an already-downloaded Up2Date package to the system:
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on the "Watch Up2Date Progress in new window" and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation. (The System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished.)
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced:
|Astaro Security Gateway Up2Date FTP Mirrors:|
- If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the ASG V8 features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board. Please indicate the version you are using (e.g. "[8.202] WAN Balancing Rules").
- If you have any feedback on our help, manual, or any documentation (Online Help) please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is also a demo server for public use: http://demo.astaro.com
ASG Product Manager