Up2Date Version 8.103 has been released for Astaro Security Gateway appliances. The main reason for this release is to add the Common Criteria (EAL4+) Certified architecture to ASG. (This represents the culmination of many months of focused development and procedural work.) We also take this opportunity to address some issues with the HTTP/S Proxy (Web Filter). Read on for more details.
* Your system will be rebooted
* Configuration will not be upgraded
Contains ASGPF (Firewall) certified according to CC EAL4+
Fix various issues in HTTP/S Proxy
 Exception for Certificate Trust Check does not work in transparent mode
 Self signed certificate in chain (and an exception for all requests going to this category) will not work for some banking sites
The ASG V8.000 release notes can be found here, 8.100+ release notes (here) are located on the Astaro Support KB.
Astaro Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your Astaro Security Gateway to the latest version. There are two ways to apply an Up2Date package to the system:
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on the "Watch Up2Date Progress in new window" and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation. (The System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished.)
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced:
Astaro Security Gateway Up2Date Download Mirrors:
- If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the ASG V8 features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board. Please indicate the version you are using (e.g. "[8.103] Using Astaro RED with Split-tunneling").
- If you have any feedback on our help, manual, or any documentation (Online Help) please send it to email@example.com.
- There are also demo servers for public use anytime at http://demo.astaro.com
ASG Product Manager