Today we have released ASG Up2Date 8.002. The main purpose of this release is to address the majority of the outstanding bugs which have been reported since 8.001, increasing the stability of your ASG V8 installation. For those still using Version 7, the 8.002 Up2Date will also act as the destination "landing" version for the upcoming one-touch V7–>V8 Hardware Appliance Upgrade which will be available as part of the ASG 7.508 Up2Date release in October. We will have more information on the appliance upgrade process for you at that time. Read on for the full details of this Up2Date.
The 8.002 release also adds a feature for having SMTP Footers which are configurable per-profile, allows for ASG to communicate with two Astaro Command Center installations simultaneously, and adds some new options and tweaks for Web Application Security (reverse proxy). The ACC feature is something many partners have asked for, since each ACC server can have different management permissions. In this way, partners can retain full management control of installations for their customers, while still letting the customer see and interact with their sites in a lesser way with reduced permissions (or vice-versa) using a second Astaro Command Center.
Lastly, for those anxiously awaiting the 8.100 Beta which will introduce V8-support for our newly released Wireless Access Points, this is currently planned to start near the end of October. Stay tuned for more information!
ASG Up2Date 8.002 Details
- Feature: SMTP Mail footer now configurable per-profile
- Feature: Allow for two WAS SSL frontends with same (wildcard) SSL certificate to share a port
- Feature: Option to pass the HTTP Host header through WAS untouched
- Feature: Allow configuration of second ACC server (with different permissions)
- Added: Support for Agere Systems ET-131x PCI-E Ethernet Controller
- System will be rebooted
- Configuration will be updated
- [ID14416] ASG cannot join a Windows 2008 server domain when server is specified in WebAdmin
- [ID14564] Packetfilter rule using Single Time Event does not get created
- [ID14627] Local IP addresses counted for license check
- [ID14699] Interface MTU settings not set correctly on HA slave
- [ID14706] Packetfilter breaks if a rule used a big service group
- [ID14712] ip-win32 dynamic option in the SSL Client Conf doesn’t work with Linux, BSD, MAC OSX.
- [ID14736] Email confidentiality footer gets injected in unsuitable email parts
- [ID15119]: Fix Acc-Agent includes for IPSecSite2Site.pm
- [ID15131]: Adapt ACC Single Sign-On to two ACC Servers
Size: 106.764.278 bytes (Approx. 102 MB)
For the ASG 8.0 Release Notes click here.
Astaro Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your Astaro Security Gateway to the latest version. There are two ways to apply an Up2Date package to the system:
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on the "Watch Up2Date Progress in new window" and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation. (The System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished.)
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced:
Astaro AxG Up2Date Download Mirrors:
- If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the ASG V8 features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board. Please take care to add always(!) the version you refer to (e.g. "[8.001] Web Application Security Question").
- If you have any feedback on our help, manual, or any documentation (Online Help) please send it to email@example.com.
- There is also a demo server for public use: http://demo.astaro.com
(All Up2Dates are GNUPG-signed!)
ASG Product Manager