Following our successful launch of 7.500, there is now Up2Date 7.501 released which addresses a few bugs and adds some backend adjustments for compatibility with the new Astaro Command Center 2.1, which is currently in open Beta testing. You can read on for the specifics of this minor Up2Date.
This is a stability release designed to strengthen your installation by addressing bugs and improving system operation. We also took the opportunity to update the Astaro Command Center device agent for better compatibility with the current 2.1 Beta of that free product.
Up2Date 7.501 Details
- Existing configuration will be upgraded without change/impact. *NOTE*: System will be rebooted
- Add support for upcoming ACC 2.1
- In regards to the new features and benefits of AxG 7.5, please read the V7.5 Release Notes PDF.
Fix : NIC autonegotiation not working in all cases
Fix : Middleware problem after restarting the service
Fix : Auto packetfilter rules missing for special traffic in HTTP Proxy
Fix : IP counting in bridge configuration not working in all cases
Fix : Unreachable Astaro news feed can break the dashboard
Fix : SSL VPN not starting correctly
Fix : SMTP proxy is not usable any longer if no mail subscription is installed
Fix : Cluster distribution enabled on HA systems
Fix : While email-subscription is missing, scanning of outgoing/incoming mails remains active.
Up2Date Package Details
Size: 76.486.158 bytes (72.94 MegaBytes)
The Astaro Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your installed Astaro Security Gateway to the latest version. There are two ways to apply an Up2Date package to the system:
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on then Watch Up2Date Progress in new window and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation and the System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished successfully.
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced:
Astaro AxG Up2Date Download Mirrors:
– Astaro US
– Astaro US2
– Astaro Germany
– Astaro Germany2
(All Up2Dates are GNUPG-signed!)
- If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the AxG V7 features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board. Please take care to add always(!) the version you refer to (e.g. "[7.501] Real Time Bandwidth Monitor ").
- If you have feedback to our documentation (Online Help) please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is also a demo server: http://demo.astaro.com
The Astaro Team