This is the official ASG V7.100 release for all BETA testers. Installing this release will update your installation from 7.091 to 7.100. Please read the official 7.100 announcement for all details. Within next 24 hours we will shut down the BETA Up2Date server.
Please use manual upload of the Up2Date, if your BETA installation did not download this Firmware Up2Date to your ASG. We will provide Firmware Up2Date download via our FTP/HTTP download server for several days.
- System will reboot after Up2Date
- Existing configuration will not be changed
- Customers upgrading from versions prior to 7.100 MUST re-join the Firewall to the AD domain if they use SSO. In order to join the AD domain, the firewall must find a DC (Domain Controller) machine. In previous versions, this was done with a NetBIOS broadcast.
- Starting with ASG 7.100, pure AD (native) mode is used, which in turn requires finding the DC with a DNS lookup. There are also more strict requirements on DNS resolution and time differences. The following conditions must be met:
– The time zone on the firewall and the DC must be the same.
– There MUST NOT be a time difference of more than five minutes between the firewall clock and the DC clock.
– The ASG hostname must exist in the AD DNS system.
– The ASG must use the AD DNS as forwarder, or must have a DNS request route for the AD domain which points to the AD DNS server.
- Please see detailed release notes at http://download.astaro.de/ASL/v7.0/iso_i386/ASGV7.1_ReleaseNotes.pdf
Fix : .com websites are blocked by file extension scanner
Fix : Changing type of an interface will delete corresponding NAT/Masq rules
Fix : Whitelisting does not work under certain circumstances
Fix : NTLM doesn’t work with IE7 and Windows Vista
Fix : WebAdmin very slow when using many objects
Fix : WebAdmin SSO support for ACC not working
Fix : More than one Executive Report in HA/Cluster environment
Fix : WebAdmin becomes unresponsive after a longer log-in period
Fix : Wrong message after too many failed WebAdmin logins
Fix : HA/Cluster stops working if ha password has special characters
Fix : Email Encryption logfiles filling up partition
Fix : Problems with IPSec and DNAT on bridge interfaces
Fix : Daily Spam Report is sent to all users
Fix : Anti-Spam filter not working in some environments
Fix : eDirectory authentication does not work if BaseDN is empty
The Astaro Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your installed Astaro Security Gateway to this BETA version. There are two ways to apply an Up2Date package to the system (All Up2Dates are GNUPG-signed!):
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on then Watch Up2Date Progress in new window and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation and the System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished successfully.
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced:
(MD5sum:80ec2cb2a6bbf480a4f0e1d39206e341 Size: 24,069,410 bytes)
HTTP: Astaro US – Astaro US2 – Astaro Germany – Astaro Germany2 – Austria Mirror – Japanese Mirror
FTP: Astaro US – Astaro US2 – Astaro Germany – Astaro Germany2 – Austria Mirror – Japanese Mirror
On the UBB Tom and Gert will post the official end of the BETA challenge and announce the winners (we decided to have more then 3 :-).
Thank you very much for participated the 7.1 BETA program,
your Astaro R&D team!