Urgency: HIGH (low, Middle, HIGH)
Size: 12 MB (12930316 bytes)
- Required previous version is 3.201
- Existing configuration will not be changed.
- Active IP and VPN connections will be restarted.
- Selfmonitor will be restarted.
- Serial console connection will be restarted.
- Because of a major change on the High-Availablity daemon, you have to reboot your HA master device after the Up2Date installation (‘System -> Shutdown/Restart -> Restart’). While this reboot your HA slave device will starting working as the master, please install Up2Date 3.202 on the slave device too and reboot the slave. Your old master/slave configuration will become working as before the Up2Date.
- New bind with capabilities wrapper (CERT Advisory CA-2002-19, VU#803539)
- New SSH utilities for MS Windows in CD directory ‘/dosutil’: winscp and putty
- New logfile handling while nightly rotating and compressing
- New SMTP virus scanning and email mimedecoding
- Changed IPSec menu order in WebAdmin (doesn’t change any functionality)
- Improved import of backup files
- Improved support for AMI Megaraid controller
- Improved support for SMC NICs
- Improved handling of empty username/password (handled as ‘noauth’) in PPPoE
- Improved SMTP antispam filtering
- Improved HA handling via serial connections
- Improved SOCKS proxy for more then one external interface
- Improved Gigabit NIC support in WebAdmin
- Improved WebAdmin performance
(please refer to the known issue list on http://docs.astaro.org)
ID100 o 3.200 Rebooting through SSH
ID109 o 3.200 Missing dot in generated DNS zone files
ID126 o 3.200 DHCP client does not work on i586 and similar CPUs
ID127 o 3.200 SMTP Proxy expression filter still enabled w/ disabled proxy
ID138 o 3.200 SOCKS proxy selects wrong outgoing interface
ID139 o 3.200 Wrong order for packetfilter rules when importing 2.xx backup
ID141 o 3.200 Gigabit license option not recognized in WebAdmin
ID144 o 3.200 Wrong order in drop-down boxes
ID155 o 3.200 Only one masquerading entry converted from 2.xx backups
ID161 o 3.200 LSI Logic 53c895a SCSI/RAID controller not recognized
ID165 o 3.200 Restore 2.x backup in 3.2: only one RSA key being converted
ID169 o 3.200 Middleware hangs after bootup
ID170 o 3.200 HA device name may not contain underscores
ID172 o 3.200 Missing service definition NTP-Async
ID175 o 3.200 PPPoE connection may not be restored after provider hangup
ID190 o 3.200 PPPoE: new IP address from ISP will not be set
ID212 o 3.200 Interfaces marked as "down" may not be correcly removed
All Up2Dates are GNUPG-signed! The Astaro Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your installed Astaro Security Linux to the latest version. There are three ways to apply an Up2Date package to the system:
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to "System -> Up2Date Service" and start a "Update now" in "System Up2Date. An extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date process and the System Administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished successfully.
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to "System -> Up2Date Service" and enable "Prefetch Up2dates". The System Administrator will receive a Notification email after an Up2Date package has been succesfully fetched and can install the Up2Date by clicking "[install]" on the now available menu item "Unapplied Up2Dates". An extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation and the System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished successfully.
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server:
HTTP: Astaro Australian Mirror Japanese Mirror
FTP: Astaro Australian Mirror Japanese Mirror
Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to "System -> Up2Date Service", start "Import from file" and import the downloaded Up2Date package. After a successful upload click "[install]" on the now available menu item "Unapplied Up2Dates". An extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation and the System Administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished successfully.
To install Astaro Security Linux, you need the installation ISO image, available on our download page.